Recommended Tools and Resources
I’ve set up this page to answer many of your questions about what we use to live and work remotely as Digital Nomads.
Everything on this page, we (ie my girlfriend and I) have personally used (except for World Nomads as we use an Australian insurance provider for now). I will never recommend anything that I don’t think is valuable, the only thing I ask is if you’re going to sign up for it anyways, please use my links so I can get credit for referring you.
I also suggest you bookmark this page and revisit every now and then as I will continue to update this page with new recommendations as I find them.
Elegant Themes is a premium WordPress theme provider with which I’m subscribed to. Their Divi theme is my go-to when building client websites due to it’s easy visual builder tool.
People often ask me what I do for health insurance while travelling and working and the answer is simple, travel insurance!
Many providers require you to make distinct ‘trips’ where you leave and enter your country once on either end. World Nomads on the other hand, is an international provider that covers long-term travellers where ever they are on their journey.
Tools for Learning New Skills
Skillshare is a similar platform to Udemy but with a very different business model.
Consider Skillshare the ‘Neflix of e-learning’. You pay one small subscription fee each month and get access to their entire library.
I’d especially recommend Skillshare for those looking to learn creative skills as that’s the area in which I see teachers shining on the platform.
This book is an absolute must-read for anyone considering the digital nomad lifestyle. No book has inspired more digital nomads than this one book and although written in 2007, this book has opened up a lot of people’s mind to the possibility of what many consider the new way of doing business.
Probably the most influential book I’ve ever read. A great framework living an extradorinaiy life, one where you create your own rules and pursue your own personal mission. Highly recommended!
Dane and Stacey’s packed guide on How to Travel Full-Time is a great beginners resource to learning all the ways to make money online and become a digital nomad.
Dane and Stacey have been doing the digital nomad thing for years now and they compile all their knowledge of being a nomad in this one book. Definitely worth it for those just getting into location independence and travel.
- How to Become a Successful Digital Nomad
- Building a personal brand by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Professional Podcast Production, Editing & Blueprint
- Ultimate Google AdWords Course 2016 Stop SEO & Win With PPC!
- Lifestyle Business: eBay Drop Shipping Guide Work from Home
- The Complete React Native and Redux Course
- React Native: Advanced Concepts
- Shopify Essentials for Web Developers: From Store Setup to Custom Themes
- Becoming an Instagram Influencer: Creating Authentic Content and Monetizing Your Following
Click here for two months of Skillshare for free
- Ruby on Rails Essential Training
- PHP with MySQL Essential Training
- PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- WordPress: Building Themes from Scratch using Underscores
- After Effects CC Essential Training (2015)
- Freedom Self Publishing – Make money selling books on Amazon Kindle
- Understanding Web Development: A beginners guide to the web
- Chiang Mai for Digital Nomads – The Ultimate Guide
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. This is however at no extra cost to you. You’d just be helping me out 🙂